This DIY Thanksgiving Day Balloon Parade from The Local Moms Network contributor Maria Provenzano is perfect for anyone swapping their traditional parade tradition for more social distance-friendly activities this year!
DIY Thanksgiving Day Balloon Parade
Card Stock OR foam sheets
Embellishments of your choice
1. The first thing you want to do is paint your foam balls
2. For easier painting & to avoid them from rolling around put the balls on a toothpick to hold in place or just place in a plastic cup
3. Let dry
4. Once your foam balls are dry, it’s time to attach the figures/embellishments
5. Using card stock, or foam sheets, cut out whatever shapes/figures you desire for your character
6. Once you’ve cut out your shapes, it’s time to glue. Use a low temperature hot glue to attach figures onto the foam balls
7. If you’re making a top hat: spray paint a plastic cup black & then cut a circle out of foam sheet. Next, just glue the cup to the foam sheet!
8. Add any other embellishments you’d like to go along with your character
9. To create the image that the balloons are being held down by string all you need to do is hot glue a couple skewers around the balloon!
For more holiday fun from Maria, check out these other DIY ideas:
Colorful Leaf Sugar Cookies
DIY Pie Garlands and Placemats
DIY Harvest Centerpiece